Pinnacle Dermatology and Rush University Medical Center, a nationally ranked academic health system, are announcing our exclusive affiliation in the Chicago area. Together, we’ve created a model for community and academic excellence in dermatology. No matter what your dermatology needs are, you can count on our collective expertise and have confidence in your treatment.
Our affiliation improves quality of care through our academic relationship and increased access to care. Together, we are committed to excellence in patient-centered dermatology.
Our New Model for Dermatology
in the Chicago Area
Pinnacle and Rush hold a mutual belief that excellence is our baseline, and we will build from our collective experience through the following:
- Development and sharing of clinical protocols and quality metrics.
- A drive for innovation through clinical trials and coordinated care across our services.
- Pinnacle Dermatology physicians who wish to pursue teaching and research opportunities will be eligible for faculty appointments at Rush University.
- Expanded local dermatology expertise with training, recruitment and continuing education.
- A commitment through research to continue building our collective expertise of skin diseases and how to treat them.
Increased Access to Care
- Pinnacle adds expanded dermatology services to the Rush University Health System with 18 Chicago-area locations and more than 40 providers.
- Together, Pinnacle and Rush will build systems and processes to provide seamless access for patients at the most appropriate, convenient location.
- Pinnacle Dermatology patients with advanced skin diseases will have expedited access to consults and referrals to Rush’s nationally-ranked cancer center, Otolaryngology(ear nose and throat, or ENT) or plastic surgery specialists. Patients who require advanced care at Rush will have the option receive their follow-up care closer to home at one of 18 Pinnacle Dermatology sites, including 15 in Illinois and three in Northwest Indiana.
- Pinnacle Dermatology patients who are eligible will have the opportunity to participate in research studies and clinical trials offered through Rush.
- Patients will have access to advanced therapies at Rush including immunotherapy and advanced surgical options.
- Patients will have continuity of care between Pinnacle and Rush through a seamless experience, including shared electronic medical records at all locations.
Excellence in Dermatology Care
- We give you the best care possible when treating your condition. And our unique approach includes a full body skin health exam at every visit. The result is comprehensive care for the health of your skin.
- Many of Pinnacle’s clinics offer advanced care on site, such as Mohs Surgery for skin cancer. Moh’s Surgery has the highest success rate for all treatments for cancer, at up to 99%.. Mohs Surgery removes thin layers of cancerous skin until no cancerous tissue remains.
- Pinnacle offers convenient same-day appointments and online patient consults with no appointment.