Comprehensive and compassionate skin care
To use online scheduling-
Select patient type and reason for visit from the dropdown menu below. For same day appointment availability, please call.
"I focus on helping patients understand what is going on with their skin so that together we can decide how to achieve optimal skin health."
Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois BSc 1981
University of Illinois College of Medicine,
Chicago, Illinois M.D. 1985
Honors in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Ob/Gyn,
Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Neurology,
Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Family Practice
Univ. of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Internal Medicine 1985 – 1986
Univ. of Louisville, Louisville, KY, Dermatology 1986 – 1989
Chief Resident, Division of Dermatology 1988 – 1989
American Board of Dermatology (lifetime) 1989
Continuing Medical Education:
Certification from American Board of Dermatology
American Academy of Dermatology (Fellow)
Dermatology Foundation, Annenberg Circle
Indiana State Medical Association
Indiana Dermatology Society
- “Porokeratosis.” In eMedicine Dermatology, an online dermatology textbook.
- “Porokeratosis.” In: UpToDate, JK Robinson, Ed. 2015.
- Callen JP, Spencer LV, Burrus JB, et al: Azathioprine: An effective, corticosteroid-sparing therapy for patients with recalcitrant cutaneous lupus erythematosus or with recalcitrant cutaneous leukocuytoclastic vasculitis. Arch Dermatol, Vol 127; 515-522, April 1991.
- Purcell KG, Spencer LV, Simpson PM et al: HLA antigens in lichen sclerosus et atrophicus. Arch Dermatol. Vol 126; 1043-1045, August 1990.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Primary cutaneous B-cell lymphoma presenting as hypertrophic stasis dermatitis. Clin Dermatol, 1989.
- Roth DE, Spencer LV, Ahrens EM: Cutaneous reactions to drugs used for rheumatologic disorders. Clin Dermatol.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Cutaneous manifestations of bacterial infections. Dermatologic Clinics 7: 579-589, 1989.
- Spencer LV, Callen JP: Hair loss in systemic disease. Dermatology Clinics 5: 565-570, 1987.
- Spencer LV, Fowler JF: “Thin mint” cookie dermatitis. Contact Dermatitis, Vol 18: 186-186, March 1988.
- Fabre VC, Sewell C, Spencer LV, et al: A unique presentation of syringocystadenoma papilliferum. Southern Med Assoc, November 1989.
Clinical Trials and Studies:
- A 10-Year, Post-marketing, Observational, Registry to Assess Long Term Safety of HUMIRA® (Adalimumab) in Adult Patients With Chronic Plaque Psoriasis (Ps). ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00799877.
- Experience Diagnosing, Understanding Care, and Treatment with Enbrel in Psoriatic Arthritis (EDUCATE in PsA) Amgen Protocol 20030106, 2003 – 2004.
- A Phase IIIb, Open-Label, Multicenter Study To Evaluate the Safety of 1.0 mg/kg Subcutaneously Administered Efalizumab In Adults with Moderate To Severe Plaque Psoriasis, Including Those Who Are Receiving Concomitant Antipsoriatic Therapies Or Have Recently Transitioned From Systemic Therapies, Genentech Protocol #ACD2782g, 2004.
- Assessment and Tracking of Long-term Alefacept (LFA-31gG1 Fusion Protein) Safety (“ATLAS”) Biogen Idec Study C-736 (2003 – present)
- A prospective clinical trial investigating the potential liver toxicity of acitretin.
- Elder, First Christian Church, Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Team Leader for Local and Global Outreach, First Christian Church, Crawfordsville, IN
- Board Member, Montgomery County Medical Care Trust
- Montgomery County Art League
- Past activities: Trustee, Christian Theological Seminary; USA Swimming Official; Board member: Family Crisis Shelter; Montgomery United Foundation For You; Montgomery County’s Junior Miss; American Cancer Society; Editorial Board, The Paper of Montgomery County; AIDS Advisory/Drug-Free Schools Committee, North Montgomery School Corporation