Jerry “Jay” Smith, M.D. is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and Fellowship trained Mohs micrographic surgeon specializing in the treatment of skin cancer and surgical reconstruction.
Dr. Smith received his undergraduate degree from Lipscomb University. He went on to earn his medical degree from the University of Tennessee where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor society as well as the Gold Humanism Honor Society. After medical school, Dr. Smith completed a Residency in Dermatology at Southern Illinois University where he served as Chief Resident.
After working as a general dermatologist in the Nashville area for two years, Dr. Smith decided to change the direction of his practice and focus solely on the treatment of skin cancer and surgical dermatology. He then completed a Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center focusing on the removal of skin cancer and surgical reconstruction.
Dr. Smith is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, and member of the American Society of Dermatological Surgery and American College of Mohs Surgery.
A native of Linden, Tennessee. He currently resides in Franklin with his wife and son. Away from work he enjoys hiking, golf, and watching college sports.
- Mohs Micrographic and Cutaneous Oncology Fellowship at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Dermatology Residency at Southern Illinois University
- Medical Degree from University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology from Lipscomb University
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- Dermatologic Surgery
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery Member
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Member
- Tennessee Dermatology Society Member