Comprehensive and compassionate skin care
Dr. Rolfes grew up in St. Paul and was the oldest of five children. He was always interested in science and engineering, and through their childhood, he and his brothers often got into trouble for unauthorized “projects” in the family garage. Despite all the missing tools and a few sets of stitches, his parents always supported the curious minds of their children – all of whom are now in science and medicine.
All that tinkering eventually paid off, and after attending The Chicago Medical School, Dr. Rolfes was selected to join the Innovation Fellows program at the University of Minnesota. There he spent a year working with a team of engineers to solve elusive medical problems. After that, he went on to 7 years of intense surgical training at the Cleveland Clinic and Boston University before returning to the Twin Cities to open his own surgical practice. Despite a busy surgical practice he has continued to innovate, creating new tools and procedures. He has been awarded 5 separate patents for novel medical devices and is also a recipient of the William K. Miles, MD Award for achieving the highest score in the nation on the written exam for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. One of his specialties is gender-confirming surgery for transgender patients, and he is dedicated to becoming a national leader in Facial Feminization Surgery.
In retrospect, when we first met Dr. Rolfes, we just knew. We couldn’t be certain, but all of our collective insight has since been validated by his patients and peers, as he has been nominated and recognized for multiple consecutive years, as a Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine Rising Star. He has also already been nationally recognized as a Top Doctor and has been featured numerous times in Delta Sky Magazine. Although his pedigree (at the famed Cleveland Clinic and a renowned FFS fellowship in Boston) would have allowed him to set up his practice anywhere, as a St. Paul native, he did have a strong pull to “come home” and start his practice.
As his artist and technical experience have continued to crescendo, he has become skilled in all things related to cosmetic surgical and non-surgical treatment options. His passion to help all of his patients improve their self-confidence and achieve their aesthetic goals has most impacted those who are undergoing facial feminization surgery as a part of their gender confirmation process.
As a humanitarian, he has worked tirelessly to be a voice and advocate for those that have been impacted by a system that has been, at best, less than helpful and at it’s worst discriminatory. When he is not improving other people’s well-being or fighting other people’s battles, he prioritizes time to spend with his wife, children and dogs (and fish and plants). He is triple board-certified and continues to develop his craft in our on-site and fully licensed Wayzata Surgical Center. He consults with patients in both our Twin Cities location in Wayzata, MN or at our new clinic and medical spa in St. Cloud, Minnesota. He is looking forward to discovering ways to help you reclaim your confidence.
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology
- State Medical Board of Minnesota
- State Medical Board of Massachusetts
- ACLS Certified
- BLS Certified
- World Professional Association of Transgender Health (2016 – Present)
- American Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (2013 – Present)
- Society of Physician Entrepreneurs (2012 – Present)
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (2011 – Present)
- American Medical Association (2005 – Present)
- Omni Cosmetic, now a part of Pinnacle Dermatology – Wayzata, MN: Founding Partner (2019 — Present)
- Omni Facial Plastic Surgery – Wayzata, MN: Founder (2016 – 2018)
- Boston Medical Center/Boston University – Boston, MA: Attending Physician (2015 – 2016)
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation – Cleveland, OH: Resident Physician (2010 – 2015)
- Fellowship – Ness Plastic Surgery, Wayzata, MN: Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (01/2017 – 12/2017)
- Fellowship – Boston University/Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA: Department of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (07/2015 – 6/2016)
- Residency – Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio: Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery (07/2011 – 6/2015)
- Internship – Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio: Department of General Surgery (07/2010 – 06/2011)
- Senior Innovation Fellow – University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN: Medical Device Center, Institute of Technology (7/2008 – 06/2009)
- Doctor of Medicine – The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL (08/2005 – 06/2010)
- Bachelor of Arts – Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, MN (08/1998 – 05/2002)
- First Place Research Project Cleveland Clinic Residency Graduation, 2015
- First Place Research Project Cleveland Clinic Residency Graduation, 2014
- Chapter President, Society of Physician Entrepreneurs, 2013
- Resident appointed to Fellowship Improvement Committee, 2013
- Otolaryngology Residency Program Representative, Elected 2012
- Cleveland Clinic Caregiver Appreciation Award, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Chicago Medical School Honor Council, Elected 2005-2008
- President, Eta Sigma Phi, 2000-2002
- Presidential Scholarship recipient, 1998-2002
- Norelius Service Scholarship recipient, 1998-2002
- National Merit Scholar, 1998
- Eagle Scout, 1996