Dr. Stefanie Ali is a dual board-certified dermatologist and dermatopathologist serving patients in Lombard, Downers Grove, Hinsdale and surrounding Chicago suburbs. Her philosophy for patient care includes prioritizing communication and education to optimize satisfaction and treatment results. In addition to dermatopathology, she also specializes in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology.
Dr. Ali graduated from Santa Clara University earning a Bachelor of Science degree as a Dean’s Scholar. She then attended Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine, graduating with honors. After a medicine internship at Medical College of Wisconsin, Dr. Ali completed a comprehensive 2-year dermatology clinical research fellowship in Norfolk, Virginia, where she was mentored by leaders in the field and ultimately awarded a prestigious grant from The National Psoriasis Foundation to perform clinical research for treatment of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, sarcoidosis, and acne.
Dr. Ali completed her dermatology residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School, serving as chief resident and earning multiple accolades, including research grant awards from the Navy Medical Center and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, as well as selection as a member of the American Academy of Dermatology Council on Communications. Following residency, Dr. Ali completed an acclaimed dermatopathology fellowship at Indiana University School of Medicine.
Dr. Ali has presented at multiple regional and national dermatology meetings and has authored numerous publications in respected peer-reviewed journals including the Archives of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, and Cutis, among others.
Dr. Ali was born and raised in Hermiston, Oregon, a small farm town in the northeast corner of the state. Her hobbies and interests include painting, tennis, fitness and travel. Dr. Ali and her husband, who is a radiologist, are excited to be back in the Chicago area with their two daughters and love serving the community.
- Dermatopathology Fellowship with Indiana University, Department of Pathology (2014 – 2015)
- Dermatology Residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School, Department of Dermatology (2014 – 2015)
- Medical Degree from Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine (2004-2008)
- Undergraduate Degree in Biology from Santa Clara University (2000-2004)
- Medical Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
- Board Certified in Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology
- Board Certified in Dermatopathology by the American Board of Dermatology and the American Board of Dermatopathology
- President and Founding Member of the Chicago Suburban Dermatopathology Society (2017 – Current)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society of Dermatopathology
- Member of the Chicago Dermatology Society