Over the past two years, Omni Cosmetic (now a part of Pinnacle) has only interviewed and/or considered 16 other very qualified applicants. And, we only offered the opportunity to one plastic surgeon, who already had multiple other offers. And he, eventually, said yes! We weren’t just looking for any ole plastic surgeon, we were looking for someone who was already on an upward trajectory and would be considered a “triple threat”: a surgeon who is technically expert, academically smart and equally – well – to put it plainly – just likable (aka a good bedside manner).
Dr. Arif Chaudhry is all of those things. He is classically trained at Minnesota’s very own prestigious Mayo Clinic in the full scope of plastic and reconstructive surgery AND he decided to pursue and complete a focused fellowship in breast and body aesthetic surgery. After 4 years in medical school and 10 years of residency and fellowship, he is a true “surgeon’s surgeon” because he has also completed training in general surgery.
One of things that impressed us the most was the recurring theme from his references and mentors that they would all want him taking care of their friends and family members. That is high praise for any surgeon. And we got him! Dr. Chaudhry will be focusing his practice on all things breast and body related. Although he could find a place for himself anywhere in the world, he loves the Midwest and is looking forward to making Omni Cosmetic his home.
- AO CMF Tuition/Travel Grant Award, 2019
- Excellency in Research Award, Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, 2015
- KCI industrial grant for the study of the Impact of V.A.C Veraflo™ Therapy in wounds requiring debridement within an orthopedic practice, 2014
- Morris Alpert Excellency Scholarship Award, 2004
- American College of Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Partners in Plastic Surgery – Grand Rapids, MI: Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Fellowship (2019 – 2020)
- Mayo Clinic – Rochester, MN: Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (2016 – 2019)
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore – Baltimore, MD: Chief Resident in General Surgery (2015 – 2016)
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore – Baltimore, MD: Residency in General Surgery (2011 – 2015)
- Department of General Surgery – New York, NY: PGY2, Beth Israel Medical Center (2009 – 2010)
- Department of General Surgery – New York, NY: PGY1, St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital (2008 – 2009)
- St. George University School of Medicine – Grenada, West Indies: Doctor of Medicine (2002 – 2007)
- St. George University School of Medicine – Grenada, West Indies: Pre-Medical Sciences (1999 – 2002)
- Chief Resident of Education – Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Department of General Surgery (2015 – 2016)
- Student Government Association Secretary – St. George’s University School of Medicine (2004 – 2005)
- Anatomy Teaching Assistant – St. George’s University School of Medicine, Department of Anatomy (2003 – 2004)