Website Pinnacle Dermatology
The Patient Access Front Desk Specialist will be responsible for accurate and timely patient registration utilizing medical systems. This individual will utilize facility medical necessity tool to verify appropriate patient insurance coverage. This work will need to be performed according to established policies and procedures. The associate will provide exceptional customer service to physicians, patients, family members and all other medical professionals
- Perform registration and basic insurance verification, ensuring collection of critical data elements necessary for proper patient identification and billing.
- Identify and update patient demographic information on Nextech system as defined by departmental policy and procedures.
- Coordinate patient admission needs for timely patient placement.
- Identify non-participating insurance plans or out-of-network plans and inform patients and physicians regarding options, including but not limited to cancelling appointment.
- Work with HMO patients on obtaining referral information.
- Ensure patient’s lab matches their insurance plan.
- Obtain copies of insurance card and confirm insurance through online verification tools or other methods.
- Collect appropriate co-pays, co-insurance or deductibles at the time of service.
- Prepare documents for optical imaging/scanning into electronic medical record.
- Obtain patient signatures for consent to treat.
- Assist with resolutions pertaining to patient account balances.
- Maintain inventory control of paper/forms/supplies at front desk area.
- Copying or faxing of documents to additional office locations.
- Provide courteous and accurate information about the practice and instructions to patients and visitors.
- Individuals may be assigned other duties which may be outside of their day-to-day activities, which supports the overall success of Pinnacle Dermatology.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma, but preferred an associate degree or business degree a plus.
- Individuals must have prior customer service experience.
- Prior experience in a healthcare office, and customer service required.
- Working knowledge of hospital or medical environment assisting patients.
- Ability to read Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Working knowledge or experience of medical (clinical and non-clinical) terminology.
- Microsoft Office Experience and excellent tying skills.
- Problem solving abilities and high attention to detail.
- Individuals must be self-motivated and accountable.
- Individuals must be organized and be able to manage multiple assignments throughout the work day.
- Knowledge of office machines and office procedures.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Individuals must be able to work in a collaborative and team environment. It may be necessary to assist others when work demands shift.
About Pinnacle Dermatology:
Pinnacle Dermatology, LLC, offers extraordinary clinical care and an incredible patient experience at every point in the patients’ journey. The Illinois based team of board certified specialists is committed to providing complete clinical care for medical dermatology needs, skin cancer surveillance and treatment, as well as medical dermatologic services. Coupled with the unparalleled and unique family-like culture, patients will have an incredible experience from the minute they pick up the phone. Let us show you what’s possible. www.pinnacleskin.com
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org