At our med spa, patients visiting us from Bourbonnais, IL often have a good sense of the kind of results they’re looking for — but not necessarily which treatments can best provide those results. It’s easy to see why: The list of medical spa offerings is long, and it can be confusing if you’re unfamiliar with the treatments.
Let’s start with what they have in common. All our treatments are nonsurgical, and every treatment is performed or supervised by a dermatologist or a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Beyond that, here’s a closer look at our treatment options.
Improving Skin Texture and Tone
We offer several different approaches for more vibrant skin tone and texture. Each one works by promoting healthy skin cell turnover.
- Each of our facials begins with a thorough analysis of your skin, which we then use to tailor the treatment to achieve the best results for you. Facials exfoliate, soothe, and hydrate the skin, and the results are noticeable within a few days.
- A chemical peel goes a bit deeper, delivering more dramatic improvement for fine lines, uneven pigmentation, and scarring. During your appointment, the dermatologist performing your treatment will decide whether a light, medium, or deep peel is best for your goals. A more superficial peel can be performed in as little as 15 minutes, while a deeper treatment may last 1 to 2 hours.
- Microdermabrasion removes the outer layer of dead skin cells, revealing a naturally healthy glow from the fresher skin underneath. Microdermabrasion is often helpful for sun damage, age spots, areas of darker pigmentation, or acne scarring. Best of all, we can perform the procedure in about 15 minutes.
Smoothing Out Wrinkles
When the goal of your treatment is to undo wrinkles and fine lines that have formed over time, we often recommend injectables.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is known the world over for its ability to relax facial muscles by inhibiting nerve signals. This makes it ideal for “dynamic” wrinkles that develop in areas such as the forehead, the glabella (i.e., the area between the eyebrows), and crow’s feet around the eyes.
- Dermal fillers, as their name suggests, fill in lost volume in the face to restore a more youthful look. We carry several brands for a variety of treatment areas, including the cheeks, marionette lines, lip lines, and more.
Keeping Your Results at Home
Once you leave our treatment room, we want you to keep those beautiful results for as long as possible. That’s why we offer a range of medical-grade skincare products from several lines. They provide ongoing anti-aging benefits, protect against sun damage, and help maintain healthy skin tone and texture.
One more thing: Keep in mind that many of our medical spa treatments complement each other. We often can combine treatments in a single session, and we always have a monthly special so our patients can save on their favorite treatments.